When it comes to dressing for the summer, it's all about finding the perfect balance between staying cool and looking your best.
Whether you opt for an effortless summer dress or a classic combination of denim shorts and a breezy t-shirt or blouse, your options are simply endless. And to help you find your fashion stride this season through chic and trendy clothes, we’ve outlined a few of our favorite tips and outfit ideas.
How to Dress in Summer: Factors to Consider
Before you head out to the shopping mall or begin your online shopping hiatus for the summer, there are a few factors to keep in mind as you start planning your cute summer outfits and learning how to accessorize.
Rain or shine, the key to summer fashion is staying cool and comfortable. Whether you’re going for a morning walk or grabbing a bite on an outdoor patio, light fabrics like cotton and linen can keep you from overheating when the weather warms up. And a few accessories like statement sunglasses or a stylish tote bag are great additions for a chic look.
Are rainstorms on the forecast? You can never go wrong with bringing an extra layer (along with your umbrella) to make sure you’re prepared for a drizzle.
Fabric & Material
With summertime in full swing, comfort is key. Sure, there's no such thing as an official summer uniform, but some fabrics and materials stand out as reliable choices when the temperature rises. We’ve broken down the top 3 fabrics below:
- Linen: Linen is a natural material made from flax fibers that make for lightweight and breezy clothing items. Its classic look is flattering for all styles, and it’s great for occasions that range from casual to sophisticated.
- Chambray: This is a lightweight and durable cotton fabric that has a slightly brushed texture and a bit of a sheen, making it a beautiful, breathable fabric for dressier summer looks.
- Cotton: simple, cool, and breathable, it's no wonder this eco friendly fabric is so popular during the warmer months. From breezy caftans to classic t-shirts, cotton makes a fantastic option for any age and style.
Who doesn’t love a pop of color in the summer months? To stand out in the season's trends and beat the summer heat, it is important to think beyond the basics. Neutral colors like tan, grey, white, and cream can be mixed and matched for everyday outfits. Even better, you can complement those tones with bolder shades like navy, coral, yellow, and turquoise for more sophisticated occasions.
An inspiring array of summer shades can make you a standout at any summer event. So don't be afraid to take a walk on the bright side and add a touch of vivid flair to your wardrobe.
Summer means taking advantage of those long, sun-filled days with plenty of fun activities. When deciding what to wear for your day out, choose an outfit that's perfect for the occasion.
Heading to the beach? Opt for something light and breezy, such as a colorful sundress or jean shorts and a tank top. If you’re going out with friends, elevate your vacation style with something dressier, like a maxi skirt and a flirty blouse or your favorite pair of jeans and a fun ruffle top or a drape cami.
Now that you know what factors to consider for your summer wardrobe, let’s get to the fun part: summer outfit ideas!
Outfits Ideas for Dressing in Summer
Ready to play dress-up before heading out for a sunny summer day? Put on your favorite playlist and check out the following simple summer outfits. From casual and comfortable to chic and glamorous, we’ve got a style idea for any style and occasion.
- A flowy chambray midi dress and espadrille wedges: The perfect outfit to flaunt your summer curves while still feeling relaxed and cool.
- A pair of tailored white linen trousers and a bright-hued sleeveless top: The perfect outfit to express yourself in bold and bright colors!
- A floral and floaty sundress with a basket bag and heeled sandals: The perfect ensemble for a warm summer day at the park or beach.
- An eyelet romper with a woven clutch and espadrilles: Ideal for a night out or date night in a beautiful summer garden.
- High-waisted, light or dark-wash jeans and an off-the-shoulder top: Get a look that will make you stand out at your next gathering with this casually chic summer look.
- A sleeveless, silk blouse and shorts in a fun print: Be flirty and fun in this adorable combination, ideal for brunch or a light stroll around town.
- A sleek jumpsuit and turquoise jewelry: Show off this one-piece wonder with bold and beautiful turquoise jewelry pieces from our collection––perfect for a night out.
- A casual dress: Get playful with a simple but super stylish casual dress. Team with a statement bag and colorful chunky sandals for a modern and chic vibe.
Our list could go on and on…Summer truly is the perfect season to get creative and experiment with style. So, why wait? Find your personal style at Karen Kane.
Beat the Summer Heat With Karen Kane
Elevate your wardrobe with a pop of summer glam from Karen Kane. With quality fabrics, fun prints, and unique jewelry pieces, our collection of stylish dresses, trendy plus size dresses and chic women’s clothing is the perfect choice for all kinds of occasions.
Best of all, you can mix and match all these clothing items and accessories for a variety of stylish ensembles that are perfect for any day. Whether it’s a morning spent on the beach or an afternoon spent with friends, we’re here to help you create the perfect outfit this summer.